Thursday, May 26, 2011

For My Matthew :o)

(Warning, if your not Matt you probably have no interest in this post)


Happy 11th anniversary Matthew!! I'm posting from an airport right now, but even though we wont be together this year I wanted to let you know how much I love you!!! Remember this picture :o) Our very first date! Ya it wasn't my birthday (thanks a lot) but I am so glad that we have this funny picture to remember that day.




I found all the notes from you and things I saved. Embarrassing things you stuck on my car or notes you wrote pretending you were me. I have read them all over and over. I have the very first note that you wrote me! Even from the beginning we talked about getting married! I have the mini golf score card :o) you weren't on my team but lucky elbow baby!!! Edgefest in Canada. That was an awesome day! I even saved a test out of a magazine that said we were perfect for each other (we already knew that) As I was reading these notes I thought about how cool it would be if you had kept mine!









And to my surprise in a box down stairs there they were. As I was searching for the first date pic I found all the notes I had given to you. I love that you kept them. It sure is funny to look back and read. (if you don't remember writing the poem, it's because you didn't ;) seems like a theme with us!!













I even saved this from church. We hadn't started dating yet, but I loved the fact that we spoke on the same day, and that our names were next to each other (I know, I know) but hey I never knew that we would speak together many more times in our lives ;o)







I have our prom picture and a bunch of silly pictures we took of each other at our favorite park. (don't worry i won't post the crazy ones)





Our family has grown and changed over the years...













































But one thing that has never changed is our love for each other! We have been there for each other through so much. From problems when we were teenagers ;o) and big changes in life. Through many losses of loved ones :o( years of schooling and long periods of time of only seeing each other for a few minutes at the end of very long days!! You are my best friend, and have given me a life I never dreamed I could have. I will spend the rest of my life trying to be the wife you deserve!!



7 comments:

Mom said...

We are so very proud of both of you, and all you have accomplished.
You have a wonderful precious family!!! A great job and darling house Linsday, and it is all team work, both of you work together so well.
It is so wonderful to see the love you share for each other and for your children. It is a parents dream come true!!!!
We are so glad you found each other and so thankful for the precious Love you share.
Thanks-you for sharing with us.
We Love you both.
Mom and Dad Walker

K Lind said...

That is so sweet! I'm sitting here in tears! :-)

deargoodness said...

hahaha, that sombrero picture is awesome! they fed you your 'birthday' bite? oh man, that is just great. Happy Anniversary! we love you guys!

Christina said...

Ok., you're making the rest of us look bad=)! Happy Anniversary! I can't believe that you haven't hardly changed since your first date picture - you're still young and beautiful! Hope you have a great weekend wedding dress shopping!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 11 years and 5 beautiful babies. Brian and I knew you would be great together. You both are amazingly strong people and your dedication to the Lord and to your family are absolute. Your children are growing up with the best example they could have.
Love you
Mom McMullin

Tiffany said...

sniff... I'd leave a comment but everyone else's comments made me even more weepy... love you both!!!

Andrea said...

So very sweet.
You guys are a very cute couple and your love for each other is so evident.
Jeff and I have fun reminiscing about your wedding. We spoke to each other for the very fist time ever at your wedding!!